14 March, 2014

Quotable Friday (24)

Last summer, after a decade of reading, I finished working my way through the BBC Big Read Top 100 Books. I'm not going to do 100 posts with a quotation for each, but I thought I might do the top 10, as voted for by the British public in 2003.

So here is a quotation from the 10th most popular book in Britain a decade ago - Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I gave this book 9/10 for enjoyment when I read it. As it happens, one of my favourite necklaces was designed with a quotation from Jane Eyre as its inspiration, so it seems only right I should share that one with you...

"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

1 comment:

  1. I like that quote, too. Jane Eyre is still one of my favorite books of all time.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.